Amazing Facts About Independence Day of India – India’s Independence Day is a national festival, which is celebrated every year on 15 August. It is a very important day for the people of India.
On this day in 1947, India gained independence from British rule after long years of slavery. On August 15, 1947, to commemorate its independence from the British Empire, it was declared a national and gazetted holiday throughout the country.
There are many interesting things about 15 August. Following are 14 interesting things among them:-
- Independence Day is observed in India every year on 15 August.
- India got independence from the British Empire on August 15, 1947.
- India’s independence movement was led by Mahatma Gandhi, but when the country got independence on August 15, 1947, they did not participate in its celebration.
- In India, the Independence Day is celebrated as a national festival.
- India became independent on August 15, but had no national anthem of its own. Although Rabindranath Tagore Jan-Gana-Mana had written only in 1911, but our national anthem was made in 1950 itself.
- The boundary line between India and Pakistan was not there till 15 August. It was later drawn as the ‘Radcliffe Line’.
Unknown Facts About Independence Day
- On 15 August 1947, 1 rupee was equal to 1 dollar.
- Aug 15, 1947, the price of gold was 88 rupees 62 paise per 10 grams.
- This Day, the Prime Minister hoists the flag at the Red Fort, Delhi. The flag is saluted and national songs and tunes are sung.
- On this day, the Prime Minister delivers the message to the nation and the patriots are remembered.
- Flag rohan and cultural programs are organized on August 15 in all the state capitals of the country.
- On 15 August, flag hoisting programs are held in all government, semi-government, corporation and administrative offices.
- Various programs, sports and competitions are also organized in schools and colleges on the day of August 15 and the winners are awarded.
- August 15, besides India, is the independence day of three other countries – South Korea, Bahrain and Congo.
So this is the 14 Amazing Facts About Independence Day of India i hope you like this facts about our country. Bharat Mata Ki Jai.